The Australian and New Zealand College of Organists' ANZCO 10th Anniversary Gala NextGen Celebration (MP4 Film)
The next generation of Australian organists celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the Australian and New Zealand College of Organists
Featuring performances on three of Australia's finest musical instruments:
• The 1964 Fincham & Sons Grand Organ in St Patrick's Cathedral, Melbourne • The 2000 Rieger Organ in The Scots' Church, Melbourne • The 1890 Lewis Grand Organ in St Paul's Cathedral, Melbourne
ALL proceeds from the sale of this film are donated to ANZCO and will help build the future for the Pipe Organ in Australasia and support the work of the College of Organists in:
• promoting the teaching and learning of the organ • using pipe organs as cultural assets for all • building a sustainable community of organists
Australia and New Zealand share an impressive collection of over 2,500 individually crafted pipe organs worth well over a billion dollars in purely monetary terms and priceless in terms of replacement value!
The Australian and New Zealand College of Organists (ANZCO) is building a sustainable community of organists so that this invaluable musical inheritance, left to us in trust by generations of our musical forebears, is improved for future generations.
As plans for a major 10th Anniversary public celebration had to be cancelled, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the ANZCO Council of Management decided to celebrate the next generation of Australian organists in a COVID-safe 10th Anniversary Gala NextGen Celebration Film.
Sit back, relax and enjoy these splendid performances by the exciting next generation of organists and join us in a celebration of the 10th Anniversary of the Australian and New Zealand College of Organists.
Program highlights include:
Boëllmann’s complete Suite Gothique performed by four young organists The famous Toccatas by Charles-Marie Widor and Louis Vierne Max Reger's Introduction and Passacaglia in D minor Fletcher's Festival Toccata
And much more!
• David German: Festive Trumpet Tune performed by Ruth Gunasegaram
Léon Boëllmann: Suite Gothique, Op. 25 • Introduction – Choral performed by Benjamin Harris • Menuet gothiqueperformed by Geethan Pfeifer • Priere à Notre Dame performed by Maya Rowse • Toccataperformed by Nathan Gu
• Johann Sebastian Bach: Prelude and Fugue in E minor – ‘The Cathedral’, BWV 533 performed by Jaden Taveira
• Pietro Yon: Humoresque ‘L’organo primitivo’ – Toccatina for Flute performed by Nathan Gu
• Alexandre Guilmant: Preludio from Organ Sonata No. 3 in C minor, Op. 56 performed by Maya Rowse
• Naji Hakim: Danse from Hommage à Igor Stravinsky performed by Eli Lim
• Percy Fletcher: Festival Toccata  performed by Geethan Pfeifer
• Max Reger: Introduction and Passacaglia in D minor, WoO IV/6 performed by Mark Slavec
• Louis Vierne: Toccata from Pièces de Fantaisie – Suite No. 2, Op. 53 No. 6 performed by Hanford Lam
• Gordon Young: Trumpet Tune • Gaston Bélier: Toccata [in D minor]  performed by Oscar Herrick
• Charles-Marie Widor: Toccata from Organ Symphony No. 5 in F minor, Op. 42 No. 1 performed by Joshua Nah